Digitization of VAT is accelerating. This revolution is not just about transaction evidence (e-invoicing) but also about contacts with the taxman. E-returns, SAF-T and central register of invoices are some of the instruments allowing tax authorities to more effectively verify VAT compliance. Addressing the needs of a contemporary taxpayer, we deliver solutions using dedicated IT tools to ensure global support that takes account of local needs.
Strategic and on-going tax advisory:
- We support our clients in designing international supply chains that take account of tax compliance across and outside the European Union
- We help to ensure proper transaction evidence and reporting for VAT purposes
Tax reviews and procedures:
- We offer tax reviews, including on-line, to mitigate tax risks for the company and for its management
- We design and implement tax procedures, including VAT due diligence procedures, to ensure tax compliance and limit any personal liability of those in charge
- We offer comprehensive compliance support
- We represent our clients in dealings with tax authorities, including during their inquiries, audits and inspections. These may have huge impact in the case of VAT, considering high penalties provided for by VAT regulations, such as a penalty of up to even 100% of any tax that has not been accurately reported or paid
- We provide foreign VAT reclaim assistance
International trade is a key success factor for firms wishing to grow in the contemporary business world. Global corporations may find customs law to present an obstacle in their international expansion plans. Such expansion should thus be duly prepared. We support our clients in all customs matters with in-depth professional expertise and extensive experience. Working together with our WTS Global colleagues, we offer customs support everywhere our clients need it. Our services are primarily tailor-made to respond to individual needs.
- Our support includes customs advice for contemplated transactions
- We offer assistance in obtaining tariff rulings (WIT)
- We support our clients with rules of origin
- We conduct customs compliance audits with risk mitigation in mind
While excise duty applies only to selected goods, it brings revenue that accounts for an important part of the government’s budget. For one thing, this levy is extremely formalised. For another, it heavily affects pricing. We offer our energy, chemical, automotive and liquor industry clients a full range of excise compliance support.
- We provide excise registration services
- We advise on the classification of goods for excise purposes
- We apply for excise classification rulings (WIA) on behalf of our clients
- We implement solutions designed to mitigate compliance risks